The screen-cast of the talk is below:
If you don’t use it already, I highly recommend jsfiddle as a sandbox for messing around with concepts / patterns / libraries. Here’s the stuff I showed in the talk, so you can take a look at it, play with the code, fork it and do other good things with it.
- Backbone 101 - a simple “list” of items with click handlers
- Marionette 101 – same simple list, changed to use Marionette.CollectionView & Region
- Layer List – uses a Layout with two internal Regions to show two lists
Other Backbone & Marionette Resources:
Since Marionette builds on Backbone, I’d recommend getting to know it first, then level-up to Marionette.
- the goods!
- killer utility library that is a dependency of Backbone.
- Backbone Fundamentals Book (on github) by Addy Osmani
Link to the chapter specifically about Marionette - by Derick Bailey
- Marionettejs.com - main site for Marionette stuff
- Marionette source & docs @ github
- Derick Bailey’s blog – lots of “zen” level info on Marionette